Vegan Rice Pudding
- Saucepan or Rice Cooker
- Spatula or Spoon
- Large bowl
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rinsed rice (white or brown)
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk substitute Coconut milk suggested
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- If using a saucepan: In a medium saucepan, place the water, and bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed. If using a rice cooker: Follow your rice cooker's instructions for 1 cup of rice (white or brown)
- Once your rice is cooked, add all remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and continue to cook the mixture over low heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a a large bowl and place the pudding in the refrigerator to chill.
- To serve, top individual servings with cinnamon before serving, if desired. You may also add a non-dairy whip (optional).
This easy rice pudding is great for the holidays. There is a ton of room for improvisation here. Non-dairy or dairy milks may be used, as well as a variety of toppings. Recipe adapted from food.com.