Gameday? Family/Friends Night? Looking to spice up the weeknight meal?
Spicy Nachos Supreme
- 1 lb Ground Meat Select your meat of choice. We use ground venison in our home.
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Serrano Peppers Jalapenos can be used for milder spice level.
- 3 stalks Green Onion
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5-2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- Dice onion, green onion, and peppers.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Place ground meat into a medium-sized bowl and season with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of ground pepper, and 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to a medium-sized skillet. Heat on medium.
- Toss in red onion and peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes then set aside.
- Add 1 tsp oil to skillet and heat on medium. Cook ground meat until done.
- As meat cooks, add a layer of foil to a 13x9 inch baking sheet.
- Layer tortilla chips onto the baking sheet until the pan is fully covered.
- Add half of the ground meat over chips and top with cooked red onion, serrano peppers, and 2/3rd of the diced tomatoes.
- Cover with 6 ounces of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow it to cool for 3 minutes.
- Cover top layer with sour cream.
- Top with remaining tomato and cheese.
- Garnish with green onion.
Make a meal that everyone will love, but beware these will go quickly, so you may want a second batch on hand!
Originally featured on LoveSabreenaMiller.com