Don’t leave the house, make Olive Garden’s salty, savory Zuppa Toscana soup at home! Perfect for a DIY date night, those chilly PA days, or just because this soup is THAT good.
Crockpot Zuppa Toscana
- Slow Cooker
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 cups Fresh, Chopped Kale
- 2 Russet Potatoes Large
- 1 lb Ground Pork While the dish calls for pork, we generally use ground venison. Feel free to use your ground meat substitute of choice.
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Turn your slow cooker on high.
- Add 5 cups of chicken broth and cover as this heats.
- Thinly slice the 2 potatoes. Note: Slice each potato the long way into halves, then thinly slice each half into half-circles.
- Dice the yellow onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Add the potatoes, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Allow this to cook on high for 2 hours. At this point, the potatoes will be cooked through.
- Turn crockpot to the low setting.
- Prepare the ground meat. It's not necessary to season the meat at this stage considering the seasoning of the broth.
- Drain off as much oil from the cooked meat as you can.
- After draining the meat, add it to the crockpot along with the kale and chili flakes.
- Add salt 1 tbsp at a time to season to your liking.
- Continue cooking on low for an additional hour.
- After one hour, stir in whipping cream and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Give this recipe a try and serve with warm bread and a crisp caesar salad to deliver the restaurant experience straight to your kitchen table. Let us know what you think!
Originally Featured on LoveSabreenaMiller.com